Architects know what is best for the construction of a building or a house even when it comes to the smallest detail. Hence, they also know what the most appropriate material to be used is for your doorframes. Traditionally, doorframes do not matter as they are commonly made using the type of material also used for the doors. But today, it matters a lot, since there are certain door materials that cannot be used as frames. An example for this would be the glass doors. Because of this instance, another material should be used as frames since glass will not be practical, and architects of today would suggest steel frame doors.
The Bright Side of Steel Frame Doors
The reason why architects suggest steel frames for the construction of doors for either commercial or residential establishments are:
- Steel frames are very strong, as they do not easily bend or break. Steel frames are capable of holding large sheets of glass doors without the fear or worry of the glasses from falling out of the frame and apparently breaking.
- The steel frame is very durable and it is unlikely for them to get damaged over the years. The doors may just get damaged or broken, but the steel frames will less likely yo incur major damages. However, steel frames may also get scratches. Other than that, it works fine.
- Steel frames that are cut finely would suffice and you can choose to buy it that way.
- Steel frames come with different designs from the antique to modern styles so it truly matches the architectural design of where it should be placed. This will surely add elegance to your doors.
- It is possible to paint the frames so it will conform to the design and the color of your door. The paint may also match the drawings on your wall, if you have any.
- Steel is weather resistant and it also has a very good fire rating compared to other materials. Only very little maintenance would also be required.
The Darker Sides of Steel Frame Doors
While there are numerous advantages, there are also some disadvantages of using steel frame doors and these are the following.
- Steel frame doors are commonly used in factories because of the good fire rating and this became the reason why some might not like to place steel frame doors in their homes. They do not want to have their houses look like factory shops.
- Steel is not the most lightweight material used for frames, so there are people who choose to have the lighter ones for easy construction.
- Steel frame doors are quite difficult to install and this leads to incurring more costs related to installation rather than having different type of material.
Knowing both the good and the bad side of steel frame doors will help you decide whether it is best to use such for your doors or not. If you are still not convinced about what most architects suggests, you can try to evaluate other materials as well since you truly have a lot of options when it comes to steel frame doors.